Neighbourhood Guide: Brixton
Brixton is always undergoing a 'trendvolution' with new things opening every week. Here's our neighbourhood guide to Brixton...
Your guide to making the most of any trip to the colourful neighbourhood of Brixton whilst staying at our serviced apartments in Brixton….
London is known globally for its exceptional restaurants, bars, nightlife, and its wealth of things to do. And as the city expands, Brixton has become an experiential paradigm. In recent years, the area has undergone a huge ‘trendvolusion’ and Brixton has become a hive of culture which just keeps on snowballing.
Not so long back we launched our first collection of serviced apartments in Brixton, our first endeavour outside of our hometown of Bristol. Since then, we’ve been busy wining, dining and checking out every corner of the suburban town to give our peeps (aka. Our guests) great advice on where to head during their stay.
Without further ado, here’s the rundown…
Oh my nosh...
Decent Places to Get Fed
Unlike most parts of London, the dining scene in Brixton is unpretentious, affordable and genuine. Here are a few places just a sparse minute’s walk from our serviced apartments in Brixton…
- Naughty Piglets – flavour behaviour is right up there
- Okan, Japanese – ramen realness all around
- The Blue Kitchen – be fed while bopping to the blues
- Kricket – Anglo-Indian with a punch
- Nanban – Japanese food for the soul
- Eat of Eden – Caribbean Vegan Cuisine
- Maremma – Where Tuscany meets Brixton
'On The Go’
If you’re a street food sorcerer then you’ll have more than enough reasons to put down your wand while you’re getting stuck into some of these…
- MamaLan – Chinese if you please
- Souvlaki Street – get with the Greek
- Other Side Fried – fried chicken for lickin’
- DF Tacos – tac-oh-no she betta don’t
- Utter Waffle – anything but
- Vietbox – Vietnamese which will leave you on your knees
PS: lots of tummies were bloated in the making of this list.
To lean on...
Best Bars in Brixton
Sometimes, we all need a drink and Brixton has too many great bars to prop yourself up on. Some with live music. Others with a dancefloor. Some you can even eat, drink, dance and sing at all at the same time – please be careful though if you give all four a go at once.
- Barrio Brixton – a little taste of Brazil in Brixton
- Tequila Mockingbird – a squawker of a cocktail bar
- Three Eight Four – leaves you wanting more
- The Whiskey Tumbler – put hairs on your chest
- Hope & Anchor – for those who prefer a pub-style bar
- The Craft Beer Co. – for those who like a crafty post-work pint
- Trinity Arms – Brixton’s favourite local
Like To Bop?
Spots to Dance & Sing
Many folks will be in town for a gig at the infamous Brixton O2 Academy. In more recent years The Junction has attracted a hive of younger and local artists. Other places where you’ll find some of London’s top DJ’s, singers and musicians include:
- Windmill Brixton – an informal backstreet pub with a vibe
- Hootananny – for reggae, ska and afrobeat
- Electric Brixton – a larger venue with a full spectrum of talent
- Upstairs at the Ritzy Cinema – an intimate live music venue
- Off The Cuff at OTC Bar – another more intimate live gig spot
- Phonox – for those who live a little wild
- Effra Social – a little bit of everything
And last but not least...
Shopping, Spaces & Places
Every day when you step outside of our serviced apartments in Brixton, you’ll without a doubt notice on your short stroll to wherever it is you might be going something new. But in case you don’t here are a few you should go find…
- Street Art – there’s plenty of it & its world-class
- Black Cultural Archives – a museum with a significant difference
- Brixton Brewery – see where your local ales are reared
- Vintage Shopping – dress to fit in (or not)
- Greenspaces – places to walk, talk and get fresh air like Loughborough Park and Ruskin Park
- Sightseeing – Brixton Windmill is a must & the iconic Ritzy Cinema
- Brixton Market – explore one of London’s most prominent street markets
So, that’s the best of Brixton! Why not come visit and book a stay with us?
Here’s a little tip!
Book 8 weeks ahead and save 15% off our already cheaper 10% direct online rates via our website.
All you have to do is hit book now, select your dates, choose your apartment & select ‘Advance Purchase Rate‘. Please remember, you must choose dates at least 8 weeks ahead and there a minimum 2 night stay in order for our Advance Purchase Rate to be valid.